Thursday, July 14, 2011

Time keeps on ticking...

Well, with Pink Floyd in my head... how else could I start this?  :) 

Ticking away the moments
 that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours
 in an off-hand way
Kicking around on a piece
of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something
 to show you the way
Tired of lying in the sunshine
 staying home to watch the rain
You are young and life is long
 and there is time to kill today
And then the one day you find
ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run,
 you missed the starting gun
And you run and you run
to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in the relative way,
but you're older
And shorter of breath
 and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter,
never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught
 or half a page of scribbled lines
Hanging on in quiet desperation
 is the English way
The time is gone the song is over,
 thought I'd something more to say

5 days past my 40th birthday - and the celebrating is still going on  - have I mentioned before that I am not especially a fan of surprises?  Yeah. Not. A. Fan.

Some surprises are wonderful, a friend getting married, a new baby on the way, flowers for no reason... those are the things in life that are perfect surprises.  It comes as no surprise to me that I need to finish something that I began years ago.  I think maybe I'll sleep better, or perhaps be able to let go if I finish it.  I don't know.  I can't talk about it with any of my friends, because they have a VERY clear thought process on what I should do about him.  Ignore, possibly torment and torture.  It used to be my way - I was the queen of revenge, served ice cold, thank you very much.  However... what does that get me, in the long run?  A soul that hurts, a mind that is filled with horrible thoughts and a heart that breaks and builds more walls around the walls that are already there.  I don't really know what to do to fix it, I don't know what to say, but I have to figure it out.  Maybe it will provide closure, or maybe it will bring something back to my life that I have missed;  Hope, Love and Friendship. we'll see.

 Black irises - they are just so pretty, took this after a horrendous storm out in the finger lakes


This is by Ballston Lake - the area has slowly evolved into a swampy mess in certain areas, but the lake is beautiful on the other side, and the water is starting to flow through the mangled trees, thought this was an interesting bending and cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment