Friday, July 1, 2011

Oh, say can you see?

This weekend is the annual fourth of July bash at my friend's house - SO am looking forward to this... great friends, swimming, good food - and fantastic fireworks.  I have to say they rival the local displays and definitely kick most off the map.


The whole point of this...


to enjoy your time.
well, MY time.
I haven't been looking after myself as well as I should, mentally, anyway - working too much, stressing over things I can't change, Missing an ex who I shouldn't ever want to see again, driving myself into a flurry of stress related activities is NOT the best plan.  I need this time to relax, and I am taking it. 
I can't do much about him, nor can I stop the working.  (bills, ya know - they get testy when they don't get paid) but I can learn, on this my 40th year of existence, to chill out and take it as it comes.


I did decide to take my artistic endeavors back, entering photo's into competitions, even if I place, it is a giant step for me.  It's something that I love to do, and I like what I see in the camera.    So, in the spirit of Independence Day...






Celebrate your life and all who are in it... whether they are a past, a future or a now... you only keep the people in your life with whom you actually want to interact, even if it's only casually.  Enjoy them, they bring much love and pleasure to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment